1. Admit your need - "I am a sinner". for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Rom. 3:23.
2. Realize that the penalty for sin is death. For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Rom. 6:23.
3. Jesus paid our debt to God for OUR sin. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Rom. 5:8. Why? For God so loved the world ( i.e. you) that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16
4. Salvation is a free gift. For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest anyone should boast. Eph. 2:8-9.
5. Jesus is our Savior and our Salvation. "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved," John. 10:9.
6. We must repent and receive him. But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name: John. 1:12.
7. Through the following prayer, invite Jesus Christ to come into your heart and control your life through the Holy Spirit. (Receive Him as Lord and Savior.)
- Pray this prayer. "Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner and need Your forgiveness. I believe that You died for my sins. I want to turn from my sins. I now invite You to come into my heart and life. I will trust and follow You as my Lord and Savior. In Jesus' name. Amen"
If you prayed this prayer, God has given you His assurances:
1. "For 'whoever calls upon the name of the Lord will be saved.' " Rom. 10:13.
2. You have been "born again"... "He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God." 1 John. 5:12-13.
1. Tell another Christian about your decision.
2. Worship and fellowship in a church where Christ is preached as: Lord and Savior, King of kings and Lord of lords.
3. Pray daily. Prayer is just talking to God in a humble and respectful manner.
4. Read the Bible daily. [Pray for wisdom & understanding before you read.] Many Christians read two chapters in the Bible every day. Beginning favorites are the Psalms & Proverbs in the Old Testament and John in the New Testament.
5. Share with others what Jesus is doing in your life.
You can also receive additional help with questions and materials from the international Billy Graham Evangelistic Association at: http://billygraham.org/ .
If you would like to talk to someone right now about your decision, try 1-888-NEED-HIM = 1-888-633-3446 . [Depending on number of calls, you may get a recording.]
3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,
5 and that he appeared to Peter, and then to the Twelve.
6 After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep.
7 Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles,
8 and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.