|Subject: A woman I would vote for.|
|From: Penny B|
|Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009|
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.......
Leave the rest to God !!
You want change? Try these ideasSincerely,
Each presidential candidate is giving his rendition of the changes he wants for America.
Here are a few that I believe all Americans want.
• Limit Congress from serving more than two terms. That is all that presidents are allowed.
• Stop Congress from voting for their own raises. How did That ever get started?
• Stop paying for lawmakers' high-priced insurance premiums. After ail, they are only part-lime employees. They might pass some law changes on the insurance companies, if they had to find one.
• Stop paying lawmakers their full salary after serving just one term, or at retirement. We need to get rid of that pension plan; they've let other companies get rid of theirs. You were Lucky to get 40 to 50 percent of your salary after working somewhere for 35 years, but they get 100 percent.
• Make Congress pay into the Social Security system. They make laws for it. If they spent some of their own money, they might be interested in making it solvent.
• Stop handing out aid to illegal aliens. If we did, then Medicaid and the food stamp program would have enough money to aid the aged and the poor,
• Secure our borders.
• Stop allowing babies born to illegal aliens in the United States automatic U.S. citizenship.
• Stop the abuse of our benevolent welfare system. We feed children free meals three times a day until they are 17. Churches give away good, clean clothes. Companies buy and donate school supplies. Emergency rooms provide health care at taxpayer expense and the food stamp program is buying food at home. What are parents doing for their children?
• Have a computer program that cross checks Social Security numbers with fingerprints to stop fraud on many fronts. Use it on voter registration, too.
• Stop bailing out mortgage companies and banks that give loans to people who cannot afford them.
• Stop companies from paying CEOs and other executives outrageous salaries and bonuses while doing away with workers' pensions.
• Stop all unnecessary spending so we will have the money for our nation's security, and to help needy and elderly Americans.
• Stop permitting anyone to have a photo with their face covered on driver's licenses.
Whoever wins the presidency will not be able to make these changes.
Only members of Congress can do this, as they are the lawmakers.
I don't believe Congress is interested in changing anything, do you?
Norma White of Amarillo is a retired network engineer for Southwestern Bell.
"Every Executive Order, Judicial Decree or Law is a line drawn in the sand. On one side is Right on the other side is Wrong. This is the DEFINITION of morality. It follows that the Character of those who draw the lines in the sand is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT !" - If you don't vote your values, they will make evil legal.- rek